Mark Heffer is a former Police Detective and Accredited Financial Investigator who worked in the Serious and Organised Crime Branch and under the auspices of the National Crime Agency. He served over 25 years and specialised in crime such as Money Laundering, Complex Fraud, Human Trafficking, Drug Trafficking, Bribery and Corruption.
He has a distinguished record of convictions as a result of complex and protracted investigations and has designed and delivered Anti Money Laundering (AML) training to trainee officers & non-law enforcement Government Agencies.
“Excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude”
He consults to City Counter Fraud Units and is a specialist in investigating Organised Crime Groups here is the UK and Overseas. He delivers training in Financial Investigation, AML, Bribery & Corruption, Counter Fraud and Counter Terrorist Financing here in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa
He is an Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist Trainer with the University of Portsmouth Centre for Counter Fraud. He teaches the ACFS Course to Government and Local Authorities and has trained Home Office Staff in Intelligence and Investigation.
He currently oversees financial investigations in the corporate sector and is experienced in conducting whistleblowing and internal investigations.
Mark has led fraud and corruption investigations in African jurisdictions and complex environments, delivering bespoke reports and recommendations to the corporate sector.
- Degree in Environmental Science – Trinity St Davids University College, University of Wales
- Level 4 BTEC Professional Diploma in Financial Investigation
- Level 4 BTEC Professional Award in Enhanced Financial Investigation
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) – Post Compulsory Education – Canterbury Christ Church University
- National Fraud Investigator – City of London Police Crime Academy
- ACFS (Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist) – University of Portsmouth
- ACFST (Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist Trainer) – University of Portsmouth
- IQA (Internal Quality Assurance) Assessor
- Hostile Environment Trained (HEAT) 2020